Terms and Conditions of ServiceSociallycs.com's Terms and Conditions of Service: Effective December 06, 2008
Socially Conscious Software LLC ("SCS," "we," or "us") owns, operates and maintains sociallycs.com (the "Site"). Please read the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions of Service") carefully. These Terms and Conditions of Service govern your access to and use of the Site, including any content, information, products or Services therein. This is a legal agreement between you and sociallycs.com and applies to you whether you are a customer, registered user of the Site ("Member" or "User") or a non-registered user just browsing.
Sociallycs.com may contain links to third party websites that are not owned, operated, or controlled by SCS. We do not have control over such websites. Therefore, we cannot and do not assume responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of such websites or the companies that own them. Additionally, we cannot and will not censor or edit the content of any third party site. By using sociallycs.com you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of any third party website, including advertisement links.
You are permitted to use sociallycs.com only by complying with and meeting the following items:
1. You comply with our Terms and Conditions of Service.
2. If you create a user account, you affirm you are 13 years of age or older.
3. You will not copy or distribute any part of sociallycs.com in any medium without sociallycs.com's prior written authorization.
4. You will not change any part of sociallycs.com other than in ways made explicitly available to you through the intended user-driven aspects of sociallycs.com for its intended purposes.
5. You provide accurate and complete information when creating an account.
6. You will provide accurate information to the best of your ability when adding content or other public information.
7. You acknowledge your sole responsibility for your content submissions, including your reviews, profile information, pictures and other such content.
8. You acknowledge your sole responsibility for the activity that occurs while you are visiting, signed into or using Sociallycs.com.
9. You acknowledge your sole responsibility for any activities that you engage in outside the realm of sociallycs.com.
10. You will not hold us liable for losses caused by the use of your account, unauthorized or otherwise.
11. You may be liable for the losses of sociallycs.com, our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, or others, caused by your misuse of sociallycs.com.
12. You will not collect any personally identifiable information, including account names, email addresses, or other such information, for commercial purposes.
13. You will not use the communication systems provided by or contacts made on sociallycs.com for any commercial solicitation purposes, if any such systems are made available to you.
14. You affirm that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, permissions, and consents to use and authorize sociallycs.com to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all submissions to enable inclusion and use of the submissions across sociallycs.com.
15. You grant each sociallycs.com user a non-exclusive license to access your submissions through sociallycs.com and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such submissions as permitted through sociallycs.com's functionality and under these Terms and Conditions of Service.
16. You will not submit material that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such materials to sociallycs.com.
17. You will not submit lies or misrepresentations that could damage our company, parent company, sister companies, affiliates, advertisers, or other parties or the public.
18. You will never submit material that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, harassing, hateful, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate.
19. You will not post advertisements or solicit from sociallycs.com or sociallycs.com's users or visitors.
20. You affirm we and our parent company have the right to determine whether any of your submissions are appropriate and/or comply with these Terms and Conditions of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice with no refund whatsoever.
21. You understand that when using or visiting sociallycs.com, you may be exposed to submissions from a variety of source and that sociallycs.com is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. You understand that Socially Conscious Software LLC does not in any way screen sociallycs.com?s users, nor does Socially Conscious Software LLC inquire into the backgrounds of sociallycs.com?s users or attempt to verify the statements of the users. Socially Conscious Software LLC makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or their compatibility with any current or future users. In no event shall sociallycs.com be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Service.
Socially Conscious Software LLC owns all the content on sociallycs.com, excluding any intellectual property of other sites which may be obtained by way of API and linking. Socially Conscious Software LLC also owns any and all algorithms run on the site as an inherent part of the user experience. This includes, without limitation, the text, software, scripts, algorithms, graphics, photos, sounds, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"). They are owned or licensed to Socially Conscious Software LLC, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content not owned by Socially Conscious Software LLC is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to Socially Conscious Software LLC and the content.
If you are a copyright owner or an owner's agent and find content that infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. To do so, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail) in writing:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail.
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Socially Conscious Software LLC?s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of DMCA. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
You agree that your use of sociallycs.com shall be at your sole risk. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SOFTWARE LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE, ANY SCS APPLICATION AND YOUR USE THEREOF. SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SOFTWARE LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA SOCIALLYCS.COM. SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SOFTWARE LLC DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH SOCIALLYCS.COM OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING OR CRAWL, AND SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SOFTWARE LLC WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SOFTWARE LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF SOCIALLYCS.COM, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH SOCIALLYCS.COM BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA SOCIALLYCS.COM, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SOCIALLYCS.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Sociallycs.com is controlled and offered by Socially Conscious Software LLC from its facilities in the United States of America and we make no representations that sociallycs.com is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use sociallycs.com from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You indemnify Socially Conscious Software LLC. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Socially Conscious Software LLC, its parent company, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to sociallycs.com; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and Conditions of Service and your use of sociallycs.com.
You are legally able to accept these Terms and Conditions of Service. You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms and Conditions of Service. And as stated above, you affirm that you are, in any case, 13 years of age or older if you for a user account. If you are not, you must stop use of sociallycs.com immediately and without refund.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions of Service at any time and without notice. Therefore, it is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions of Service for any changes. Your use of sociallycs.com following any amendment of these Terms and Conditions of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.